Natalie Lawrence was victorious at the Stopsley 5 and 10 trail races, winning the 5 mile event in a time of 34 mins 37 secs, two and a half minutes ahead of her nearest challenger.
Self Transcendence 5k Battersea Park
MADDIE PRITCHARD ran the Self Transcendence 5k in Battersea Park on Monday evening in 21mins 24secs
It was a relatively quiet week of parkrunning for the Spartans.
Fastest Spartan parkrunner of the weekend was BARRY OSBORNE who ran a new course PB of 19:48 at Ellenbrook Fields to finish second. KEN JUDE ran a new 5k PB of 22:48 to finish 27th at the same venue.
At Stevenage KIERAN FEETHAM was first Spartan finisher, 21st in a time of 21 mins 59 secs. MARK BEASLEY was 23rd in 22:19 and MARTIN DUDLEY 34th in 22:55. CHRIS HOLLAND (24:01) and LEE PICKERSGILL (24:22) were the other men running. For the women TRACY PEZ was 23rd in 28:33 with EMMA MARTIN the other woman to run in 37:36.
In other local parkruns, THOMAS SAUKA ran at Westmill for the first time, finishing 4th in 20:44. DAVE SMITH also debuted there and was 12th in 25:03. TIM ROBINSON took the opportunity to stop off at Grovelands for the first time on his way to work and finished 32nd in 24:06.
Further afield regular tourists DANIEL SUTTON (40th in 22:21, a new course PB) and VERITY FISHER (26:22) ran at Lowestoft, while DARRYL STEVENS was at Horsham to complete in 39:53.
Finally, SHARON CROWLEY took the opportunity of being in the Lake District to run a wet and muddy parkrun along a disused railway line (now a path) in Keswick, completing in 29:18.
Many Spartans will be enjoying a busy programme of races, social and training events over the next few weeks including:
- Herts Senior 5K Championships at Hatfield on Wednesday 30th August.
- BMAF Half Marathon Championships at the Northampton Half Marathon on Sunday 3rd September (entries close on 21st August).
- Herts Veteran 5K Championships at Hatfield on Wednesday 13th September.
- Herts 10K Track Championships at Sandy on Saturday 23rd September.
- Herts Senior 10K Championships at Standalone on Sunday 1st October.
- Peterborough Half Marathon on Sunday 8th October.
- Stevenage Half Marathon on Sunday 22nd October.
- Cross Country at Trent Park on Sunday 12th November.
- St Neots Half Marathon on Sunday 19th November.
- Hertfordshire Five Mile Championship for Veterans at Hatfield on Sunday 26th Nov.
- Bass Belle 10 near Royston on Sunday 26th November.