As a regular runner we would love to welcome you to a few of our sessions free of charge !
It’s a bit like a ‘try before you buy’ type of thing…
We do charge for membership to the Spartans (we know other local clubs are free) but we feel we offer some amazing benefits as follows;
- England Athletics Coach led club sessions SIX days a week
- FREE Track sessions every week – its part of your membership
- FREE Marathon training groups
- A monthly FREE club 5k handicap race
- UK Athletic membership which gives lots of discounted event ticket & discounted race entry
- A FREE summer midweek 10 league
- A FREE winter cross country league
- If you are over 35 a FREE track and field league
- Club championships for FREE where not only the fastest win trophies
- As a club we host the Hertfordshire 3k relays, Half Marathon championships, and marathon championships
- UK Athletic Leaders and Coaches who want to develop you into a better runner for FREE
- A network of other local runners at lot of whom just run for fun and laughter
- County championship eligibility if you are a serious athlete
- Regular social events – both small and large – get to know your 300+ teammates !!
And I bet you are now thinking how much is all that lot going to cost ??
Well worry not, it works out to less than 13p a day, but we collect it annually at £45
And when you think most clubs charge £3 / £5 to attend their weekly track sessions it is great value, compared to a gym membership we are an absolute bargain!!
All we would ask is that you are able to run continuously for 5k – don’t worry about pace at this stage.
Now you have a few options for when;
Tuesday – normally an interval session. We have 5 groups of different ability levels.
Wednesday – a daytime 5 mile session
Thursday – depending on the plan it’s either hill training / shorter intervals / a steady run
Saturday – Ridlins track, yes free as part of your membership every week
Sunday – The long run, normally two groups with a base of 6 or 10 miles
Our Tuesday and Thursday sessions are from the Stevenage Cricket & Hockey club, Ditchmore Lane, Stevenage SG1 3LJ – we leave at 7pm so please arrive 10 minutes beforehand
Our Wednesday sessions start at the Bandstand in Fairland Valley Lakes (where Park Run starts) at 10am it’s a small group but very friendly.
Saturday is at Ridlins Athletics Stadium, Woodcock Rd, Shephall, Stevenage SG2 9LX starting at 9.30am – its where our coaches can really work on your technique.
Sundays are from varying locations, so its best to check our social media to find the starting point.
What happens next?
Well if you are ready to join just follow this link to apply
If you want to try a few sessions or have any questions, just pop our membership secretary an email (email@example.com)